Title: Construction Manager
Reports to: Project Manager
The Construction Manager is typically the field lead on the job and will be responsible for the field execution of the construction work. The CM will be responsible for the organization/direction of construction and related activities and will be the primary client contact for all project field activities. The CM will oversee all jobsite activities and ensure construction operations are in compliance with design and specifications, and that construction operations are completed on schedule, within budget and to quality standards. Responsible for the satisfactory conduct of construction operations and task accomplishment in an economical, efficient and timely manner on a project.
Facilitates the efficient use of personnel and equipment. Coordinates movement and use of equipment and supplies with procurement. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. Must adhere to the execution plan, enforce Construction policies and procedures, follow safe work practices, provide periodic reports, and communicate any problems to chain of command management immediately.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Establishes and implements construction schedules, methods, material and equipment requirements
- Controls jobsite expenditures for labor equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within the budget
- Ensures corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented. Establishes project field procedures and objectives within corporate policies and procedures as necessitated by conditions at a jobsite
- Provides leadership, direction and coordination for all project team members
- Supervises daily activities of project personnel including technical and administrative support, and ensures that deliverables are produced on schedule and within budget
- Builds project team effectiveness and collaboration
- Maintains client relationship and is the primary contact for client’s communication with the field activities
- Maintains an effective relation with other functional departments
- Coordinates all jobsite contractual activities. Participates in contracts and subcontracts negotiations
- Organizes work to meet deadlines set by others
- Ensures required permits and licenses are in place prior to the start of the affected work at site
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management or Engineering with 3-5 years’ experience of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented
- In-depth knowledge of intricate construction principles/practices required Valid government Issued Driver’s License and willing to travel as needed, depending on the needs of the projects
- Ability to interact effectively with owners, subcontractors and employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent oral communication and technical writing skills. Proficient at the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Eligible to work in the US, pass a criminal/civil background check, drug screen and motor vehicle records search
- Communication proficiency
- Customer/client focus
- Diversity and inclusion
- Results driven
- Stress management/composure
- Team Effectiveness
- Strong work ethics
- Problem Solving/Analysis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Contact us today to apply.